Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Keeping to a budget.

Every week i head towards the "big smoke" up in Dublin from my country home of Sligo. I take the bus to my adopted home in Dublin.The bus is the first evidence I'm on this elusive budget which i attempt to stick to each week. I simply cannot afford the extra ten euro that would get me a comfortable seat on the train, and lets face it save me from those odd people who refrain from being normal. I get off at the bottom of O'Connell street and head to the Dublin-bus  bus stop to attempt perhaps to make my way to the gateway student village in Ballymun. As i get off the rare number 4 bus i nip into the shop to buy some milk and bread, bare minimum survival materials. I finally make it to my "home" unpack and check my wallet, €50 and some change on a Sunday evening, living the life so i am.!

As you may have guessed I'm a student attending DCU and attempting to live on €75  a week

1 comment:

  1. http://collegestudent17.blogspot.com/

    i just read your blog there. you should try shopping in cheap places like tescos and going out to clubs were there are promos on to get the most out of your "€75" a week. p.s i also go to DCU ;)

    ReplyDelete